3. Intensive Spanish Classes
Conscious teaching of Spanish as a foreign language
Our professors are specialized in teaching Spanish as a Foreign Language (SFL). They are all university trained and regularly receive SFL workshops.
We offer Beginner and Intermediate levels. Students choose between 20, 25, and 30 hours of Spanish per week.
Students can travel light as course material and supplies are available in the stationery store next door. Course materials and printing costs are generally less than $5/week. Patricia, owner of the stationery store, is also a program coordinator and makes sure you have fresh fruits for class! (see pictures below)
Classes are given in the offices of the local Community Development Association (Asociación de Desarrollo Comunal). The offices are located directly above the stationery store.
Other important aspects of the Spanish immersion language program:
What comes in a weekly language package
Language packages are offered by the week and include:
– 20 to 30 hours of Spanish classes per week (student chooses how many hours)
– Homestay (7 days of lodging, 3 meals per day, and laundry)
– Language activities (4 weekly activities with activity instructors)
– Volunteering program (optional): Help local high school seniors prepare for their exit exam’s English section
– Spanish level advances with each additional week you stay
– Transportation is available and additional. See prices and options below.
Your Spanish immersion experience directly helps the community's economy